Public Health Programme and Management
- The deficiency of vitamin C leads to …
a. Scurvy b. Delayed wound healing c. Low absorption of iron d. All of the above
2. The heat labile vitamin is:
a. Vitamin B12 b. Vitamin C c. Folic acid d. All of the above
3. The most common site of elephantiasis in bancroftian filariasis is …
a. Arms b. Legs c. Vulva d. All of the above
4. ‘Road to Health’ chart refers to …
a. A health policy of Nepal government
b. A specially prepared food for a baby to be health
c. A chart detect nutritional status of a baby
d. A road where a baby is guided by to walk to be healthy
5. According to new concept, rhinitis can be prevented from:
a. Calcium b. Vitamin C c. Fat d. Protein
6. Multiple gestation is … of the pregnancy:
a. Genetic risk b. Psycho-social risks c. Specific risk d. None of the above
7. All of the following are body building foods except …
a. Fruits b. Milk c. Poultry d. Pulses
8. In Nepal, DOTS has been successfully implemented throughout the countries since …
a. 2000 b. 2001 c. 2002 d. 2003
9. The time of Japanese encephalitis epidemics is …
a. Jan-April b. May-June c. July-August d. August-September
10. There are … stages in placenta separation.
a. 3 b. 4 c. 5 d. 6
11. During normal delivery, in which stage the baby labored out?
a. First stage b. Second stage c. Third stage d. Fourth stage
12. In … district non-community based CEE/ARI activities were implemented in 060/061?
a. 45 b. 51 c. 55 d. 75
13. One gram fat provides … calories.
a. 8 b. 8 c. 10 d. 11
14. Which is the causative organism of TB?
a. Meningococcal b. Salmonella c. M. Laprae d. M. Tuberculosis
15. Cold chain is related to …
a. Chemical reaction b. Cold drinks c. Metal chain d. Vaccine
16. The present morbidity episode of diarrhea is per child per year is …
a. 3 b. 2.3 c. 3.3 d. 4.3
17. When the World Kidney Day is celebrated?
a. March 9 b. April 7 c. June 6 d. December 1
18. Which of the following is the route of infection in diarrhea?
a. Skin contact b. Faecal to oral c. Inhalation d. Transplacental
19. Vitamin A distribution programme was launched recently. The commonest age group for vitamin A distribution is:
a. 6 month – 5 years b. 1 month – 1 years c. 3 month – 3 years d. 9 month – 9 years
20. Full form of IC DPP is
a. Nepal caring dangerous disease programme
b. National control of diarrhoeal disease programme
c. Nepal center for disease like diarrhea control programme
d. National council for diarrhoeal disease control program
21. Sukenas & Runche are the state of …
a. Anemia b. Dehydration c. Malnutrition d. All of the above
22. Multi drug therapy of leprosy in adult is …
a. Dapsone 100 mg and Rifampicin 500 mg daily
b. Dapsone 100 mg once a day Rifampicin 400 mg clofazimin 10 mg daily
c. Rifampicin 600 mg (once a month) clofazimin 300 mg (once a month) and DDS 100 mg daily
d. Both a & b
23. EPI (Expanded program on immunization) was launched in Nepal in …
a. 1986 b. 1988 c. 1990 d. 1992
24. Which is the psycho-social risks for pregnancy?
a. Not married or widowed women b. Malposition c. Severe Anemia d. Drug addict
25. Which of the following isn’t post natal care?
a. Height examination b. Immunization c. Hygiene d. Breast care
26. First malaria control programme called “Insect borne disease control programme” was supported by …
a. UNESCO b. UNICEF c. USAID d. World bank
27. Antenatal test should be done for … times.
a. 2 b. 4 c. 6 d. 8
28. Which of the following isn’t the sign & symptom of ectopic pregnancy?
a. Positive pregnancy b. Quickening c. Vaginal discharge d. History of no means for 6 to 8 weeks
29. Which of the following factor is not included in the definition of health by WHO?
a. Mental wellbeing b. Physical wellbeing c. Social wellbeing d. Spiritual wellbeing
30. Hari is a strict vegetarian. He may get deficiency of:
a. Folic acid b. Iron c. Vitamin B12 d. None of the above
31. The milk secreted immediately after the delivery is called …
a. Cholesterol b. Colestraturate c. Colostrum d. Mechonium
32. Sensational power of skin in is usually tested in …
a. AIDS b. Cancer c. Leprosy d. TB
33. Which of the following is good for reproduction?
a. <15 year b. 18-35 year c. >35 yeas d. None of the above
34. A very thin baby with prominent bones and “monkey face” is most likely to be suffered from:
a. Marasmus b. Kwasiorker c. Pellegra d. Runche
35. Which is the best natural source of calcium?
a. Cereals b. Green leafy vegetables c. Joiver d. Milk and its product
36. Diarrhoea kills because of …
a. Infection b. Dehydration c. Malnutrition d. None of the above
37. How many district was implemented the safe motherhood program at first?
a. 6 b. 8 c. 10 d. 12
38. Which of the following is the Nepal’s first public health program?
a. Bird Flu eradiation program b. Malaria eradication program
c. Small pox eradication program d. TB eradication program
39. Which of the following is the best method for controlling the spread of STD?
a. Contact tracing b. Health education c. High risk screening d. Personal prophylaxis
40. There are … types of post portion haemorrhage (PPH).
a. 2 b. 3 c. 4 d. 5
41. Full form of STD is …
a. Sex transfer disease b. Sexual transmission disease
c. Sexually transmitted disease d. Sexually transmitted disease
42. Which of the following disease transmit transplacentally?
a. Clients of STD b. Male homosexuals c. Intravenous drug abusers d. All of the above
43. The triad of clinical features of pellagra consists of all except.
a. Diarrhoea b. Dermatitis c. Dementia d. Demuelination of spinal cord
44. … is not the symptom of pelvic infection?
a. Low abdomen pain b. Vaginal bleeding c. Both a & b d. Tenderful breast
45. 100 gram of fresh cow’s milk yields about:
a. 20 kcal b. 35 kcal c. 67 kcal d. 100 kcal
46. As per the objectives of NTC (Nepal Tuberculosis Centre) program all of the TB patients should be treated under DOTS by …
a. 2005 b. 2006 c. 2007 d. 2008
47. When TB control was first initiated in Nepal?
a. 1960 b. 1965 c. 1970 d. 1975
48. Daily requirement of calcium in pregnancy is …
a. 50 mg b. 100 mg c. 500 mg d. 1000 mg
49. In children, deficiency of carbohydrate and protein results
a. Marasmus b. Kwashiorker c. Obesity d. Rickets
50. Which of the following isn’t a new born care?
a. Care of skin b. Care of cord c. Care of breast d. Care of airway
- d b 3. b 4. c 5. b 6. c 7. a 8. b 9. d 10. a 11. b 12. b 13. b 14. d 15. d 16. c 17. a 18. b 19. a 20. b 21. c 22. c 23. b 24. c 25. a 26. c 27. b 28. b 29. d 30. c 31. c 32. c 33. b 34. a 35. d 36. b 37. d 38. b 39. a 40. a 41. c 42. c 43. d 44. d 45. c 46. b 47. b 48. d 49. b 50. c