Public Health Programme and Management
- Vitamin A (2,00,000 IV) should be given within… days of delivevery.
(a) 28 (b) 35 (c) 42 (d) 49
2. ……………… indicates the chronic malnutrition?
(a) Decreased height for age (b) Decreased weight for age
(c) Decreased weight for height (d) All of the above
3. Generally, Measles vaccine is given at the age of ………..
(a) 2 months (b) 3 months (c) 6 months (d) 9 months
4. All of the followings are energy giving foods except ………..
(a) Cereals (b) Fats (c) Vegetables (d) Tubers
5. Which is the dangerous sign in pregnancy?
(a) Roximin (b) Sever headache (c) UTI (d) All of the above
6. Incidence is defined as:
(a) Number of case existing in a given population at a given movement
(b) Numbers of case existing in a given period
(c) Numbers of new cases occurring during a specified period in a given population
(d) Number of old cases present during a specified period in a given population
7. Which one of the exposure has highest efficiency of transmission of AIDS?
(a) Contaminated blood transfusion (b) Infected mother to child (c) Intravenous drug abusers (d) Sexual intercourse
8. How many stages are occurred in Malariya?
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) 6
9. Japanese encephalitis was first observed in Nepal in…..
(a) 1975 (b) 1978 (c) 1981 (d) 1985
10. How much energy is provided by one gram of carbohydrate?
(a) 3 kcal (b) 4 kcal (c) 5 kcal (d) 6 kcal
11. Total number of causes (old + new) at a given point of time in a given population is:
(a) Incidence (b) Prevalence (c) Epidemiology (d) Attack rate
12. The full form of EPI is ……….
(a) Expanded program of immunization (b) Expanded program on immunization
(c) Expanded project on immunization (d) Extra program on immunization
13. Prevalence is useful:
(a) To identify potential high risk population (b) To control disease
(c) For distribution of disease (d) Efficiency of preventive and therapeutic measure
14. The commonest cause of infant mortality rate is:
(a) Diarrhoea (b) prematurity (c) Reparation infection (d) Malnutrition
15. Which of the following is the richest source of protein?
(a) Bean (b) Egg (c) Meat (d) Soyabean
16. Which prevents from SYTD’s and AIDS?
(a) Condom (b) Copper T (c) Depo-Provera (d) Norplant
17. Health education is:
(a) Give immunization (b) Secondary level of prevention
(c) Change in belief, attitude and habits f people (d) Awareness about health problem
18. When mosquito sucks Japanese encephalitis virus, after what time it becomes infective stage?
(a) 7 days (b) 10 days (c) 14 days (d) 21 days
19. Respiratory zone stars ………. Of bronchial tree.
(a) 15th generation onwards (b) 16th generation onwards (c) 17th generation onwards (d) 17th generation onwards
21. All are true about principle of health education except:
(a) Participation (b) Interest (c) Adoption (d) Comprehension
22. Which of the following is main objective of safer motherhood?
(a) Safe delivery without disturbing the life of mother (b) Safe delivery without disturbing the life of baby
(c) Both a & b (d) None of the above
23. Which of the followings are water soluble vitamins?
(a) A, B, C, D (b) A, D, E, K (c) B & (d) K & C
24. The infant born before …… weak is called premature infant.
(a) 28-40 (b) 30-40 (c) 35 (c) 40
25. ………. district implemented IMCI (Integrated management of childhood illness) first of all.
(a) Bara (b) Mahottari (c) Sunsari (d) Udayapur
26. Which of the following symptom isn’t seen in pregnant mother?
(a) Lightening (b) Morning sickness (c) Quickening (d) Frequently micturation
27. The western blot is a confirmatory test associated with ……….
(a) AIDS (b) Gonorrhea (c) Syphilis (d) All of the above
28. IEC stands for:
(a) Information, education and communication (b) Informal executive committee
(c) Informing, educating and communicating (d) International education committee
29. What was the main objective of leprosy control?
(a) To reduce disability rate at the national level
(b) To minimize social stigma of the disease
(c) To eliminate leprosy from the country by the end of 2005 bringing down the leprosy prevalence rate to below 1 per 10000 population
(d)All of the above
29. The most cost-effective and successful health intervention programme of Nepal is …………..
(a) EPI (b) Family planning (c) Malaria eradication (d) School health
31. The composition of ‘Sarbottam pitho’ is ……….
(a) Soyabean : wheat : corn – 1:1:1 (b) Soyabean : wheat : rice – 1:1:1
(c) Soyabean : whet : corn – 2:1:1 (d) Rice : wheat : corn – 2:1:1
32. Which is not an objective of school health programme?
(a) Prevention of diseases (b) Promotion of rehabilitation
(c) Promotion of positive health (c) Make consciousness of their own health
33. Mosquito that prefers human blood as food is called…….
(a) Anthrophillic (b) Biophilic (c) Gyanephilic (d) Humanphilic
34. Which of the following is not s STD?
(a) Candiases (b) Gonohorrhea (c) Hepatitis B (d) Syphilis
35. The best method of teaching an urban slum area about ORS is:
(a) Lecture (b) Role play (c) Brain storming (d) Demonstration
36. What is the scientific name of culex that causes Japanese encephalitis?
(a) Culex gledius (b) Culex vishni (c) Culex traitaeniorhyncus (d) Culex fuscocephala
37. The chemical used for indoor residual spraying to control kala-azar is ………
(a) Alpha cypermethin (b) DDT (c) Malathion (d) Pyrimrthaamine
38. Kala-azar is an endemic disease nearly in ……………… districts.
(a) 10 (b) 12 (c) 30 (d) 75
39. How many districts in present are covered by ARI in Nepal?
(a) 50 districts (b) 60 districts (c) 70 districts (d) 75 districts
40. All are true about the key elements of communication except……..
(a) Communicator (b) Message (c) Channel of communication (d) Behavioral changes
41. Which of the following is not visual aids?
(a) Hand bill (b) Holding board (c) Slide tape (d) Epidiascope
42. The incubation period of P. Virus is ……… days.
(a) 8-25 (b) 8-15 (c) 8-35 (d) 8-45
43. Which media is generalized to give health education in Nepalese context?
(a) Radio (b) Television (c) Video (d) Newspaper
43. Oral polio vaccine is developed by ………
(a) Barnard Christian (b) Koch (c) Sabin (d) Stalk
44. What will be the incidence rate of kala-azar within 2015 according to Nepal Government’s Health Ministry’s aim for kala -azar control?
(a) 2/lakh by 2015 (b) 2/lakh by 2010 (c) 1/lakh by 2015 (d) 10/lakh by 2010
45. Which of the following is an example of community participation?
(a) Building of health post by MOH (b) Building of primary health care by MOE
(c) Building of health post by VDC with an aid from government (d) None of the above
46. The major doner of HEIC programs is ……….
(a) UNFPA (b) WHO+USAID (c) DFID/IDA (d) All of the above
47. Stage of dying where the patient blames everyone for his misfortune is ……
(a) Denial (b) Anger (c) Bargaining (d) Depression
48. Which is the main function of child health clinic?
(a) Health education (b) Immunization (c) Monitoring growth (d) All of the above
49. Mucosal ulcer is seen in ………… stage of syphilis
(a) First stage (b) Secondary stage (c) Tertiary stage (d) Late stage
50. Mosquito that prefers animal blood as food is called ……
(a) Athrophilic (b) Biophilic (c) Heterphilic (d) Zoophilic
- c a 3. d 4. c 5. d 6. c 7. a 8. a 9. b 10. b 11. b 12. b 13. a 14. b 15. d 16. a 17. c 18. c 19. b 20. c 21. c 22. c 23. a 24. b 25. a 26. a 27. a 28. d 29. a 30. c 31. b 32. a 33. c 34. d 35. c 36. a 37. b 38. d 39. d 40. c 41. a 42. a 43. c 44. c 45. c 46. d 47. 48. d 49. b 50. d