PUBLIC HEALTH PROGRAMME AND MANGEMENT
- Balanced diet contains …
a. Carbohydrate b. Micronutrient c. Protein d. All of the above
2. Which is the ideal method in interval use for women greater than 35?
a. Kamal chakki b. IUD c. Depoprovera d. Pills
3. Most optimal time for abortion is …
a. 7-8 weeks of gestation b. 10-12 weeks of gestation c. 14-16 weeks of gestation d. 2-6 weeks of gestation
4. Universal immunization program was launched in …
a. 1983 b. 1984 c. 1985 d. 1990
5. Which is the ideal use of newly married couple?
a. IUD b. Oral pills c. Condom d. Kamal chakki
6. Which of the following is the most cost-effective method for control communicable disease?
a. Active immunization b. Chemoproghplaxis c. Early diagnosis treatment d. Passive immunization
7. The correct process of transformation of Japanese encephalitis in men is …
a. Birds – mosquito – men b. Men – mosquito -pig c. Mosquito – pig – men d. Pig – mosquito – men
8. … is not medical risk to mother and baby.
a. Diabetes mellitus b. Hypertension and renal disease c. Past obstructed labour d. Psychiatric problems
9. The general weight of new born baby is …
a. 0 – 3.0 kg b. 2.5 – 3.0 kg c. 3.0 – 3.5 kg d. 3.5 – 4.0 kg
10. One kg of iodized salt contains … of iodine.
a. 45 ppm b. 50 ppm c. 55 ppm d. 60 ppm
11. Which is the chemical barrier method of family planning?
a. Condom b. Foams c. Kamal tablet d. Diaphragm
12. Which is not the family planning spacing method?
a. Male sterilization b. Hormonal method c. Barrier method d. Intra-uterine devices
13. Which of the following vaccine does not contain live organism?
a. BCG b. DPT c. Tetanus d. TT
14. Which of the following is the appropriate method of family planning?
a. Provides sex education b. Motivation of people to have small family
c. Appropriate use of contraceptives by male and female d. All of the above
15. How many women in world wide are currently using hormonal contraceptive?
a. Over 50 million b. Over 100 million c. Over 100 million d. Over 1000 million
16. The combined pills contain:
a. Estrogen b. Progesterone c. Both a and b d. None of the above
17. All are the benefits of copper-t except:
a. Simplicity and inexpensive b. Free of systemic metabolism effect c. No need of daily motivation d. Less chances of PID
18. Most cost effective method of fertility regulation is …
a. ACTH b. Estrogen c. Thyroxine d. Progesterone
19. IUDs works for:
a. 5 years b. 8 years c. 10 years 11. 12 years
20. IUDs is not a method of choice for nulliparous because:
a. More chances of expulsions b. Lower abdominal pain problem
c. More chances of pelvic infection and infertility d. All of the above
21.National policy started in …
a. 1989 b. 1991 c. 1993 d. 1995
22. Sum of all values divided by the numbers in that series is …
a. Mean b. Mode c. Average d. Median
23. Which of the following is general length of the pregnant mother?
a. 4’5″ b. 4’10” c. 5’3″ d. 5’10”
24. When was malaria eradicative program launched?
a. 1956 b. 1958 c. 1960 d. 1962
25. Usually, diagnosis and treatment service of TB is not provided in …
a. Central hospital b. Health post c. Sub health post d. Primary treatment center
26. Which one is a spermicide?
a. Gulaf b. Kanchan c. Kamal Chakki d. Nilocon White
27. Second generatin of IUD contain …
a. Zinc b. Copper c. Silver d. Iron
28. If the data is arranged in descending order, the middle value is …
a. Mean b. Mode c. Median d. Geometric mean
29. Which is not the characteristics of pregnancy?
a. Morning sickness b. Tightering c. Frequency of micturation d. Quickening
30. Blood sample is collected from malaria infected patient for diagnosis at the time of …
a. High fever b. No fever c. After an hour of fever d. Any time
31. Mother’s milk only is not sufficient for a baby after …
a. 2 b. 4 c. 6 d. 8
32. Vaccine can be stored at the health centers up to …
a. One day b. One week c. Four weeks d. One month
33. Exchanges of gases between blood and lungs is …
a. Internal respiration b. Inspiration c. External respiration d. Expiration
34. The general length of new born baby is … 7
a. 48-50 cm b. 50-52 cm c. 52-54 cm d. 56-56 cm
35. Internal respiration is the process of …
a. Exchange of gases b. Exchange of hemoglobin c. Exchange of O2 and CO2 d. None of the above
36. Square root of deviation is known as:
a. Mean deviation b. Standard error c. Range d. Standard deviation
37. The most frequency occurring value in a data is
a. Median b. Mode c. Standard deviation d. Mean
38. Aim of radical treatment of malaria is …
a. Transmission is prevented b. Complication are prevented
c. Complete elimination of parasite d. Resistant forms eliminated
39. Which of the following organism is not a common cause of ARI?
a. pertusis b. Brucella c. S. pyogens d. H. influenza
40. Which of the following is not the complication, of CNS due to syphilis?
a. Meningitis b. Tabdarsals c. Necroretinitis d. Nevritis
41. Vaccine is called …
a. Active natural immunity b. Passive natural immunity c. Active Artificial immunity d. Passive Artificial immunity
42. The best measure of central tendency is:
a. Mode b. Mean c. Median d. Range
43. Phagocytes is … of our body.
a. Acquired immunity b. Artificial immunity c. Natural immunity d. All of the above
44. In Nepal, the problem of kala-azar was seen as a public health problem in the decade of …
a. 1940-1050 AD b. 1950-1960 AD c. 1960-1970 AD d. 1970-1980 AD
45. What is the full form of IDD?
a. Iodine deficiency disorder b. Iron dysfunction disorder c. Immune deficiency disease d. All of the above
46. The drug combination that is used for post exposure prophylaxis in HIV is …
a. Azathioprine and Lamivudine b. Azathioprine and Nevirapine c. Zidovudine and Lamicudine d. None of the above
47. Central value of a series is termed as:
a. Mean b. Mode c. Average d. Median
48. Which is not advantage of short course chemotherapy for TB?
a. Lower failure rate b. Low cost c. Rapid bacteriological conversion d. Reduction in emergence of drug resistant bacilli
49. Difference between the lowest and highest in the series is known as:
a. Interval b. Difference c. Median d. Range
50. Median is almost equivalent to:
a. 50th percentile b. 75th percentile c. 95th percentile d. 100th percentile
- d 2. b 3. a 4. c 5. b 6. a 7. d 8. c 9. b 10. b 11. b 12. a 13. b 14. d 15. c 16. c 17. d 18. d 19. d 20. d 21. b 22. a 23. b 24. b 25. d 26. a 27. b 28. c 29. b 30. a 31. c 32. b 33. c 34. b 35. b 36. d 37. b 38. c 39. b 40. c 41. c 42. b 43. c 44. c 45. a 46. c 47. c 48. b 49. d 50. a