Public Health Programme and Management
- During disaster, nurse patient ratio for “red triage” patient should be …
a. 1:1 b. 1:2 c. 1:3 d. 1:4
2. CO2 is transported in the blood in the form of
a. Bicarbonate b. Carbonate c. Dissolved state d. All of the above
3. The science of food and its relationship to health is:
a. Nutrient b. Dietics c. Nutrition d. All of the above
4. Nutrition such as vitamin and minerals fall under:
a. Macro nutrition b. Micro nutrient c. Major nutrition d. Minor nutrition
5. One gram protein provides … energy.
a. 4 calorie b. 7 calorie c. 9 calorie d. 12 calorie
6. All of the followings are elastic cartilages of larynx except …
a. Corniculate b. Cricoid c. Cuneiform d. Epiglotitis
7. Treatment of measles associated diarrhea should include except …
a. Administration of a prophylactic does of vit. A
b. Treatment of dehydration and dysentery
c. Adequate feeding
d. Compulsory anti-amoebic &antibiotic
8. The function of bile is helping in digestion of …
a. Carbohydrate b. Fat c. Proteins d. Vitamins
9. Among the total maternal death over the world, what percentage of the following is occupied by developing nations?
a. 60% b. 70% c. 80% d. 99%
10. Micronutrients contains all except …
a. Iodine b. Iron c. Vitamin d. Protein
11. Food can be classified from all of the group except …
a. Chemical composition b. Function c. Origin d. Physical properties
12. The body contain … of body weight.
a. 10% b. 20% c. 30% d. 40%
13. Normal adult respiratory rate is …
a. 10-15 breath/min b. 12-15 breath/min c. 20-24 breath/min d. 24-32 breath/min
14. Which of the following is source of infection in puerperial sepsis?
a. Escherichia colia b. Malnutrition c. Unsteriles instrument d. All of above
15. The infective stage of malaria parasite is …
a. Hypnozoite b. Metrooite c. Sporozoite d. Trophozoite
16. What is the main cause of failure of malaria eradication program in the world?
a. Administrative b. Operational c. Technical d. All of the above
17. Which of the following is the best way to preserve nutrition value of rice?
a. Milling b. Parboiling c. Polishing d. Washing
18. Nepal Micro-nutrient Status Survey (MSS) was carried out in
a. 1997 b. 1998 c. 1999 d. 2000
19. Which is the following is not the reproductive history?
a. Severe anemia b. More than 5 pregnancies c. C-section d. Repeated fetal death
20. Hydration status is chiefly concerned with …
a. Amenorrhoea b. Diarrhoea c. Leucorrhoea d. Malnutrition
21. In our content, the major constituent of our daily food is:
a. Carbohydrate b. Protein c. Fat d. Minerals
22. What is the length of trachea?
a. 5 cm b. 10 cm c. 15 cm d. 20 cm
23. The ability of the body to recognize, destroy and diamante antigenic material is called …
a. Allergy b. Antibody c. Immunity d. Susceptibility
24. Which of the following is early diagnosis and treatment?
a. Primary prevention b. Secondary prevention c. Premordial prevention d. Tertiary prevention
25. The virus that can be transmitted sexually is …
a. Cyto megalo virus b. Human papillema virus c. Melluscum contagisum virus d. All of the above
26. Respiratory membrane has … layer.
a. 5 b. 6 c. 7 d. 8
27. Which of the following is pre-pregnancy counseling?
a. Lifestyle and Nutrition
b. Late marriage or delay pregnancy until 20 years
c. Avoid smoking and alcohol
d. all of the above
28. Balanced diet should have …
a. 50-60% carbohydrate b. 30-35% fat c. 10-15% protein with vitamin and mineral d. All of the above
29. Which of the following is not sexually transmitted disease (STD)
a. AIDS b. Gonorrhoea c. Hepatitis B d. Syphilis
30. Which vitamin is essential or the metabolism of carbohydrate, fat and protein?
a. Thiamine b. Riboflavin c. Niacin d. Pyridoxine
31. Which of the following mosquito’s eggs floating raft are found in?
a. Aedes b. Anopheles c. Culex d. Monsoreides
32. How many essential health care services areas are prescribed by SLTHP for implementation?
a. 5 b. 10 c. 15 d. 20
33. Which of the following are group is the leading cause of morbidity and mortality in children of Nepal by ARI?
a. Under 2 years b. 2-5 years c. Under 5 years d. Above 5 years
34. Most universally accepted indicator of health status of whole population is …
a. CDR b. CMR c. IMR d. MMR
35. Full form of MNTE is …
a. Maternal and neonatal tetanus eradication
b. Maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination
c. Maternal and neonatal tetanus treatment
d. All of the above
36. All are fat soluble vitamin except:
a. Vitamin A b. Vitamin B c. Vitamin D d. Vitamin E
37. Which of the following is not the sign of dangerous condition for pregnancy?
a. Diabetes b. Breech presentation c. Mother’s height above 145 cm d. Mother’s age below 15 years
38. Which of the following organization works for both TB & leprosy control?
a. BNMT b. INFTLP c. MDM d. UMN
39. The richest source of vitamin C is …
a. Amala b. Guava c. Orange d. Lemon
40. Filariasis is born of the vector …
a. Aedes b. Anapheles c. Culex d. Mansonia
41. When did the safe motherhood programme initiated in Nepal?
a. 1992 b. 1994 c. 1996 d. 1998
42. Coughing out of blood is called …
a. Hemoptysis b. Hematuria c. Hamatemesis d. None of the above
43. Community based CDD/ARI and IMCI activities were carried out in … districts.
a. 22 b. 24 c. 26 d. 28
44. What is the cause of APH?
a. Unexplained causes b. Extra placental cause c. Placental cause d. All of the above
45. Which of the following is not an indicator o safe motherhood program?
a. ANC service coverage b. Delivery service coverage
c. Iron distribution coverage d. Mebendazole distribution coverage
46. According to development mile stone a child can recognize the mother by the age of …
a. 1 month b. 3 months c. 5 months d. 6 months
47. The advantage of breast feeding is …
a. Easily available b. Free from micro-organism c. Full with immunity d. All of the above
48. The president diarrhea is a diarrhea episode that last for
a. 7 days or more b. 14 days or more c. 21 days or more d. 28 days or more
49. In Nepal, community based maternity care is mainly provided by …
a. FCHVS b. MCHWS c. TBA d. All of the above
50. What type of communicable disease is kala-azar?
a. Endemic b. Epidemic c. Pandemic d. Non-communicable
- a d 3. c 4. b 5. a 6. b 7. d 8. b 9. d 10. d 11. d 12. b 13. b 14. c 15. c 16. d 17. b 18. b 19. c 20. b 21. a 22. b 23. c 24. b 25. d 26. b 27. d 28. d 29. c 30. c 31. b 32. c 33. c 34. b 35. c 36. b 37. c 38. c 39. a 40. c 41. b 42. a 43. b 44. d 45. d 46. a 47. d 48. b 49. d 50. a