Lok Sewa Aayog
- Basic is … language.
a. A procedural b. An object oriented c. Both A and B d. None of the above
2. In … mode, the communication channel is used in both directions at the same time?
a. Full-duplex b. Simplex c. Half-duplex d. None of the above
3. How was the generation of computer classified?
a. By the device used in memory & processor b. By the speed of computer
c. By the model of the computer d. By the accuracy of computer
4. Who invented Analytical engine?
a. Blaise Pascal b. George Bool c. Charles Babbage d. Dr. Herman Hollerith
5. Through which device the main components of the computer communicate with each other?
a. Keyboard b. System Bus c. Monitor d. Memory
6. Which of the following are the two main components of the CPU?
a. Control Unit and Registers b. Registers and Main Memory c. Control unit and ALU d. ALU and bus
7. The two basic types of record access methods are:
a. Sequential and random b. Sequential and indexed c. Direct and immediate d. Online and real time
8. A disadvantage of the laser printer is
a. It is quiter than an impact printer b. It is very slow c. The output is of a lower quality d. None of the above
9. Different components the motherboard of a PC unit are linked together by sets of parallel electrical conducting lines. What are these lines called?
a. Conductors b. Buses c. Connectors d. Consecutives
10. The language that the computer can understand and execute is called
a. Machine language b. Application software c. System program d. All of the above
11. Which of the following is used as a primary storage device?
a. Magnetic drum b. PROM c. Floppy disk d. All of these
12. Which of the following memories needs refresh?
a. SRAM b. DRAM c. ROM d. All of the above
13. Which of the following devices can be used directly input printed text?
a. OCT b. OMR c. MCR d. All of the above
14. The output quality of a printer is measured by
a. Dot per cm b. Dots per inch c. Dots printed per unit time d. All of the above
15. In analog computer
a. Input is first converted to digital form b. Input is never converted to digital form
c. Output is displayed in digital form d. All of the above
16. Who designed the first electronics computer – ENIAC
a. Von Neumann b. Joseph M Jacquard c. J.P. Eckert and J.W. Mauchly d. All of the above
17. Modern computers are very reliable but they are not
a. Fast b. Powerful c. Infallible d. Cheap
18. Which 8-bit chip was used in many of today’s TRS-80 computers?
a. Z-8000 b. Motorola 6809 c. Z-8808 d. Z-80
19. Personal computers used a number of chips mounted on a main circuit board. What is the common name for such boards?
a. Daughterboard b. Motherboard c. Father board d. Child board
20. In most of the IBM PCs, the CPU, the device drivers, memory, expansion slots and active components are mounted on a single board. What is the name of the board?
a. Motherboard b. Daughterboard c. Bredboard d. Fatherboard
21. A computer program that converts an entire program into machine language at one time is called a/an
a. Interpreter b. CPU c. Compiler d. Simulator
22. A computer program that translates one program instruction at a time into machine language is called a/ an
a. Interpreter b. CPU c. Compiler d. Simulator
23. How many address lines are needed to address each memory location in a 2048 x 4 memory chip?
a. 10 b. 11 c. 8 d. 12
24. Which American computer company is called big blue?
a. Microsoft b. Compaq Corp c. IBM d. Tandy Sevenson
25. When did IBM introduced the 80286 based PC/ AT?
a. 1982 b. 1984 c. 1985 d. 1989
26. The first electronic general purpose digital computer built by Motely and Accrete called ENIAC did not work on the stored program concept. How many numbers could it store in its internal memory?
a. 100 b. 20 c. 40 d. 80
27. The digital computer was developed primarily in
a. USSR b. Japan c. USA d. UK
28. The subject of cybernetics deals with the science of
a. Genetics b. Control and communications c. Molecular biology d. Biochemistry
29. Who is credited with the idea of using punch cards to control patterns of a weaving machine?
a. Pascal b. Hollerith c. Babbage d. Jacquard
30. Most of the inexpensive personal computer does not have any disk or diskette drive. What is the name of such computes?
a. Home computers b. Diskless computers c. Dedicated computers d. General computer
31. which of the following required large computer memory?
a. Imaging b. Graphics c. Voice d. All of above
32. A term associated with the comparison of processing speeds of different computer system is:
a. EFTS b. MPG c. MIPS d. CFPS
33. Which of the following concept existing network form an internet?
a. Repeater b. Router c. Bridge d. Switch
34. The smallest element of any array’s index is called its:
a. Lower bound b. Upper bound c. Range d. None of the above
35. Games are categories in …… software
a. System b. Application c. Hardware d. Input
36. The accuracy of the floating-point numbers re-presentable in two 16-bit words of a computer is approximately
a. 16 digits b. 6 digits c. 9 digits d. All of the above
37. A dumb terminal has
a. An embedded microprocessor b. Extensive memory c. Independent processing d. A keyboard and screen
38. Plotter accuracy is measured in terms of repeatability and
a. Buffer size b. Resolution c. Vertical dimensions d. Intelligence
39. Daisy wheel printer is a type of
a. Matrix primer b. Impact printer c. Laser printer d. Manual printer
40. The number of records contained within a block of data on magnetic tape is defined by the
a. Block definition b. Record contain clause c. Blocking factor d. Record per block factor
41. Serial access memories are useful in application where
a. Data consists of numbers
b. Short access time is required
c. Each stored word is processed differently
d. Data naturally needs to flow in and out in a serial form
42. Which of the following memories must be refreshed many times per second?
a. Static RAM b. Dynamic RAM c. EPROM d. ROM
43. Where as a computer mouse moves over the table surface, the trackball is
a. Stationary b. Difficult to move c. Dragged d. Moved in small stems
44. Which one of the following input device is user-programmable?
a. Dumb terminal b. Smart terminal c. VDT d. Intelligent terminal
45. Which computer memory is used for storing programs and data currently being processed by the CPU?
a. Mass memory b. Internal memory c. Non-volatile memory d. PROM
46. Computer instructions written with the use of English words instead of binary machine code is called
a. Mnemonics b. Symbolic code c. Gray codes d. Opcode
47. Computer operators
a. Writes computer programs for specific problems
b. Operate the device which input and output data from the computer
c. Normally require a college degree in computer science
d. All of the above
48. A computer programmer
a. Does all the thinking for a compute b. Can enter input data quickly
c. Can operate all types of computer equipment d. . Can draw only flowchart
a. Is a semiconductor memory b. Memory registers c. Magnetic memory d. None of the above
50. Which of the following is not a primary storage device?
a. Magnetic tape b. Magnetic disk c. Optical disk d. None of the above