How to install Windows 7?
- Insert windows 7 disk in the drive or bootable pendrive and restart the computer.
- Enter the BIOS menu and manage the boot order. Set CD/ DVD or pendrive as first boot device.
- When message “press any key to boot from CD” appears, press any key form the keyboard.
- The windows 7 setup prcess will be launched.
- Now you can see the window files will be loaded.
- Set your language, time zone and currency format and keyboard input method.
- Press next.
- Now click on install now.
- Click on “accept the license terms and agreements”.
- Now a screen will appear asking “what type of installation do you want”. Choose custom install.
- A new window will appear asking where do you want to install window. Now click ‘Drive options’ from here you can delete, format or manage your partition.
- Select the partition of your existing operating system.
- Now click on drive and click on format.
- Click next.
- After completion of installation your computer will restart.
- Don’t press any key this time.
- Now wait for some time and your PC will continue booting.
- Finally, the process completed.
- Now enter your user name.
- Set password in necessary.
- Now select the windows update key.
- Now select the windows update option.
- Set date and time.
- Next select network preference.
- Finally, completed.
How to install Windows XP
Windows XP installation steps (boot/ format)
- Insert windows XP CD/ DVD or bootable pendrive.
- Restart the computer.
- Go to BIOS and set the first boot periodically to CD/ DVD or pendrive and hard disk in second save and exit from BIOS.
- When the message “press any key boot from CD/ DVD or pendrive” appears press any key.
- Follow in instruction given on the screen.
- To setup windows XP press enter.
- To recover windows XP using recovery console press R.
- To quit without installing windows XP press F3.
- Press enter to start setup.
- Press F8 to accept the license agreements.
Flash drives/ USB drive
Also known as USB data storage device are removable, rewritable, small data storage device. Flash drives are semi-conductor device. USB flash drives are widely used nowadays.
Optical drive use laser bean for its’ operation. It was developed during fourth generation of computer. It is mainly used for audio, data backup and transferring data. It’s read and write speed is slower than that of hard drive and flash drives.
CD – 700 MB (CD/ CD RW)
DVD – 4.7 GB (DVD ROM/ DVD RW)
Operating system is the makes program system that manage the basic component of the computer. It co-ordinates the computer function and hardware including CPU. Input output devices, storage unit, network etc. output devices, storage etc. It acts as interface between hardware and user. E.g. Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8/ 8.1/ 10, Linux, MAC, UNIX etc.