Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training
Office of the Controller of Examinations
See diploma in Mechanical Engineering 4th semester 2073 exam paper. Read and do best prepare for your exam. Stay with us for latest updates. Thank You.
Regular/ Back Exam-2073 Bhadra/ Ashwin
Program: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Full Marks: 60
Year/ Part: II/II (New Course) Pass Marks: 24
Subject: Fluid Mechanics and Machines Times: 3 hrs.
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Attempt Any Five Questions.
1. a. Define surface tension and capillarity. 
b. Derive an expression for force on a horizontal submerged plane surface. 
2. a. Define kinematic of fluid and also discuss general types of fluid. 
b. A 40 cm diameter pipe carrying 0.047m³/s of water has a pressure of 4 bar at a certain flow section. What is the total energy relative to a datum 8 m below the pipe? 
3. a. What are the differences between laminar and turbulent flow? Describe. 
b. Explain notches and weirs with suitable example. 
4. a. Derive the force exerted by fluid on stationary flat plates. 
b. List out the difference components of hydropower plants. 
Read BBS 2nd year Business Communication Solved Exam Paper from here ==>> Business Communication Solved Exam Question Paper | BBS 2nd Year
5. a. What do you mean by water turbine? Describe impulse turbine with figure. 
b. Explain working principle of centrifugal pump with figure. 
6. Write short notes on: (Any Three) [4×3=12]
a. Bernoulli’s equation
b. Differential manometer
c. Working principle of Francis turbine
d. Hydraulic ram
Good Luck All Students!
Read Lok Sewa Aayog Exam Paper from here ==>> Lok Sewa Aayog | Health Inspection – Level 4 | Question paper 2075
Read more exam papers from here ==>> BSC csit exam question paper 3rd semester Numerical method (2066 to 2072 papers)